It's a new year - and a new Gi60 Adventure!
Gi60 is excited to announce a Call for Submissions for Gi60 Radio Theatre!
Gi60 Associate Director Christopher Thomasson (our amazing video editor and YouTube Manager) will be at the helm of this new venture whihc looks to bring the same lvel of creativity, diversity and excitment to tiny radio drama as you have done to tiny live theatre over the last fifteen years.
Full guidelines and submission information can be found on the Gi60 Radio tab on this site or on our facebook page. If you can't wait, here is the short version:
Gi60 Radio Theatre Submission Guidelines
How To Apply:
Gi60 Radio Theatre is open to everybody; all you need is an idea and an internet connection. Since its inception in 2003, Gi60 International has premiered over two thousand new pieces of work written by people of all ages and backgrounds from around the world. So if you have an idea or something to say, why not write a play?
- GI60 Radio Theatre aims to embrace the spirit of traditional radio plays and infuse them with the spontaneity and passion of Gi60. GI60 Radio plays should take advantage of their “audio only” format; that is, to expand beyond the idea of the stage and bring the listener right inside the room.
- Note: Call for submissions for Gi60 International One Minute Theatre Festival US/UK will be posted in late February; the deadline for Gi60 International will be May 1, 2020
- You can submit your play for consideration for one or both events (Gi60 Radio Theatre and/or Gi60 US/UK)
Terms and conditions:
- There is no fee to apply, and never will be!
- Copyright remains with the author
- Plays will only be performed as part of Gi60 Radio Theatre
- Plays lasting longer than 60 seconds may not be considered
- The organizers may use individual plays to promote Gi60 in the future
- Selected plays will be produced by Gi60 Radio Theatre in New York, and will be available on iTunes, Stitcher, or anywhere else you get your podcasts
- Selection will be announced on the Gi60 website (www.gi60.blogspot.com) and on the Gi60 Facebook Group page by mid-March. Please visit (and join!) those sites for selection results.
- Podcasts will be released weekly, with one play per podcast episode. At the beginning of each month, we’ll announce the plays and playwrights that will be released in the month ahead.
- The organizers reserve the right to cut scripts where necessary
- Gi60 is totally staffed by volunteer professionals who give their time free of charge