It's a new year - and a new Gi60 Adventure!
How To Apply:
Gi60 Radio Theatre is open to everybody; all you need is an idea and an internet connection. Since its inception in 2003, Gi60 International has premiered over two thousand new pieces of work written by people of all ages and backgrounds from around the world. So if you have an idea or something to say, why not write a play?
- Plays must last no longer than 60 seconds
- All plays must be totally original and the author's own work
- Please email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. They should include:
- Your name, address and location
- The title of the play in the subject line of the email
- One play per email
- Please include the text of the play in the body of the email, and attach the play as a document in Word or RTF – no PDF docs, please**.
- **We are often asked: “why do you need the play as an attachment, as well as in the body of the email?” We receive on average between 700-1000 submissions annually, and we read every single one. Having the play text in the email facilitates our ability to read multiple plays in a reading session, and saves having to stop and open attachments each time. If the play is selected for production, having the attachment then makes it easier for the production team to download and disseminate the scripts.
- Individuals may submit as many one minute plays as they wish but please only one submission per email, following the guidelines above.
- Entries from schools must include the name of the school and a teacher's contact details in addition to the name of the author
- Submission Deadline for Gi60 Radio Theatre: February 21, 2020
- Selected plays will be produced for the GI60 Radio Theatre podcast; available on iTunes, Stitcher, or anywhere you get your podcasts
- The entire list of selected pieces will be announced by mid March.
- GI60 Radio Theatre aims to embrace the spirit of traditional radio plays and infuse them with the spontaneity and passion of Gi60. GI60 Radio plays should take advantage of their “audio only” format; that is, to expand beyond the idea of the stage and bring the listener right inside the room.
- Note: Call for submissions for Gi60 International One Minute Theatre Festival US/UK will be posted in late February; the deadline for Gi60 International will be May 1, 2020
- You can submit your play for consideration for one or both events (Gi60 Radio Theatre and/or Gi60 US/UK)
Terms and conditions:
- There is no fee to apply, and never will be!
- Copyright remains with the author
- Plays will only be performed as part of Gi60 Radio Theatre
- Plays lasting longer than 60 seconds may not be considered
- The organizers may use individual plays to promote Gi60 in the future
- Selected plays will be produced by Gi60 Radio Theatre in New York, and will be available on iTunes, Stitcher, or anywhere else you get your podcasts
- Selection will be announced on the Gi60 website (www.gi60.blogspot.com) and on the Gi60 Facebook Group page by mid-March. Please visit (and join!) those sites for selection results.
- Podcasts will be released weekly, with one play per podcast episode. At the beginning of each month, we’ll announce the plays and playwrights that will be released in the month ahead.
- The organizers reserve the right to cut scripts where necessary
- Gi60 is totally staffed by volunteer professionals who give their time free of charge