How To Apply:
Gi60 is open to everybody; all you need is an idea and an internet connection. Since its inception in 2003, Gi60 has premiered over two thousand new pieces of work written by people of all ages and backgrounds from around the world. So if you have an idea or something to say, why not write a play?
- Plays must not last longer than 60 seconds.
- Please do not send submissions as PDF documents (PDF submissions will not be considered)
- All work must be totally original and the author's own work.
- Email all submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the submission deadline.
- Include your name and address/geographic location before the title of your work.
- The title of the play should appear in the subject line of the email
- You may submit as many one minute plays as you wish, but only one submission per email;
- Please include the play as part of the body text of the message, as well as in an attachment in Word or RTF format (No PDF's). Why?
- We receive on average 800-1000 plays annually; having the play text in the body of the email facilitates our ability to read multiple plays in a session without stopping to open attachments each time.
- If your play is selected for production, having the play as an attachment allows the production staff to more easily download and distribute scripts.
- Entries from schools, where the student is under 18 yrs of age, should include the name of the school and a teacher's contact details in addition to the name of the author
- Plays must not have been previously produced.
- Please do not submit plays that have been submitted to Gi60 in the past for consideration.
Terms and conditions:
- There is no submission fee, prize or payment for Gi60 participation.
- Copyright remains with the author.
- Plays will only be performed as part of the Gi60 International One Minute Theatre Festival
- Plays lasting longer than 60 seconds may not be considered.
- The organizers may use individual plays to promote the Gi60 festival.
- Final play selection will be announced on the Gi60 Website and on the Gi60 Facebook Group page. Please visit (and join!) those sites for selection results.
- PLEASE NOTE: due to the high volume of plays we receive each year we are unable to write to individual playwrights to notify them that their play has not been selected.
- Gi60 is an all volunteer organisation staffed by professionals who give their time free of charge.
- The organizers reserve the right to cut scripts (for time) without notification where necessary.
- Gi60 festivals are filmed, and plays are made available for viewing on the Gi60 YouTube Channel.