How To Apply:
Gi60 is open to everybody; all you need is an idea and an internet connection. Since its inception in 2003, the Gi60 festival has premiered over one thousand five hundred new pieces of work written by people of all ages and backgrounds from around the world. So if you have and idea or something to say, why not write a play?
- Plays must not last longer than 60 seconds.
- All work must be totally original and the author's own work.
- Plays must not have been previously produced.
- Please do not submit plays that have been submitted to Gi60 in the past for consideration.
- All submissions must be sent by email and must include your name, address and location before the title of your work on the same page. The title of the play should appear in the subject line of the email
- Please include the play as part of the body text of the message in the format above, as well as an attachment in RTF (rich text format) or Word format.
- Please do not send PDF documents (PDF submissions will not be considered)
- You may submit as many one minute plays as you wish but please only one submission per email. Send us each play submission in a separate email (with the title of the play in the subject line as mentioned above)
- Entries from schools, where the student is under 18yrs of age, should include the name of the school and a teacher's contact details in addition to the name of the author
- All submissions must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Prior to the submission deadline).
Terms and conditions:
- Copyright remains with the author.
- Plays will only be performed as part of the Gi60 International One Minute Theatre Festival
- Plays lasting longer than 60 seconds will not be considered.
- The organizers may use individual plays to promote the Gi60 festival.
- Final play selection will be announced on the Gi60 Blog and on the Gi60 Facebook Group page sometime in early May, 2015. Please visit (and join!) those sites for selection results.
- Chosen plays will be posted on the Gi60 Facebook and Blogger pages. PLEASE NOTE: due to the high volume of plays we receive each year we are unable to write to individual playwrights.
- Gi60 is an all volunteer organisation staffed by professionals who give their time free of charge. There is no submission fee, prize or payment for Gi60 participation
- The organizers reserve the right to cut scripts without notification where necessary