CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR Gi60 2023 - NOW OPEN!!
Gi60 (Gone in 60 Seconds) International One Minute Theatre Festival 2023 – Deadline: April 15, 2023
Gi60 is open to everybody; all you need is an idea and an internet connection. Since its inception in 2003, Gi60 has premiered thousands of new works written by people of all ages and backgrounds from around the world. Please email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gi60 UK will perform in Leeds (Date TBA), and Gi60 US will perform at The Tank NYC on July 6, 7, 8 and 9 in Manhattan.
· Submissions must not last longer than 60 seconds.
· IMPORTANT: Submissions should be sent in the body of your email**(see below), as well as in an attachment in RTF or Word format only: NO PDF DOCUMENTS.
· Scripts in PDF format will not be considered
· The Title of your play should be in the subject line of your email
· You may submit as many one minute plays as you wish, but only one submission per email.
· All work must be totally original and the author's own work.
· Include your name and address/geographic location before the title of your work.
· Plays should not have been previously produced.
· Please do not submit plays that have been submitted to Gi60 prior to 2023 for consideration.
· Entries from schools should include a teacher's contact and the School name, as well as that of the author.
Email all submissions to: email@example.com prior to the submission deadline of April 15, 2023.
Terms and conditions:
· There is no submission fee, prize or payment for Gi60 participation.
· Copyright remains with the author.
· Plays lasting longer than 60 seconds may not be considered.
· The organizers may use individual plays to promote the Gi60 festival.
· Final play selection will be announced on the Gi60 Website and Facebook Groups.
· Gi60 is staffed and created by professionals who are volunteers, and give their time free of charge.
· The organizers reserve the right to cut scripts without notification where necessary. E.g. if a play is running significantly longer than 60 seconds, we may delete some small lines if their intention is communicated elsewhere in the script.
· Gi60 festivals are recorded and made available for viewing on the Gi60 YouTube Channel. To view past plays: Gi60 Channel YouTube
PLEASE NOTE: due to the high volume of plays we receive each year we are unable to write to individual playwrights to notify them if their play has not been selected.
**We annually receive between 700-900 submissions; by including the text of the play in the body of the email, it saves play readers time to not have to open attachments. If your play is selected, the attachments in Word/RTF make it easier for us to then share those scripts with the creative teams.