To celebrate the new year, Gi60: The International One Minute Theatre Festival, a ScreamingMediaProductions event, in association with Houston Community College, announces the first Gi60 Houston!
Note: Gi60 International is coming later this year and there will be another call for submissions this Spring for Gi60 US and UK. Stay tuned!
Call for Submissions for Gi60 Houston
For this new and exciting part of Gi60 in Houston, playwrights may submit plays that have been previously produced or submitted, as well as new work!
There's NO fee and Gi60 is open to all. Gi60 Houston will select approximately 50 plays that will be filmed and uploaded to the Gi60 YouTube Channel.
Deadline to submit: February 9, 2021. Please email submissions to: hccGi60@gmail.com.
Gi60 International One Minute Theatre Festival - Rules and Submission Guidelines
How To Apply:
Gi60 is open to everybody; all you need is an idea and an internet connection. Since its inception in 2003, the Gi60 festival has premiered over two thousand new pieces of work written by people of all ages and backgrounds from around the world. So if you have an idea or something to say, why not write a play?
· Plays must last no longer than 60 seconds
· All work must be totally original and the author's own work
· If the play has been produced before, the playwright must indicate this in the application email
· Please email submissions to: hccGi60@gmail.com.
Submissions should include:
· Your name, address and location
· The title of the play in the subject line of the email
· One play per email
· Please include the text of the play in the body of the email, and attach the play as a document in Word or RTF formats (no PDFs please).
o We are often asked: “why do you need the play as an attachment, as well as in the body of the email?” Gi60 receives on average between 700-1000 submissions annually, and we read every single one. Having the play text in the email facilitates our ability to read multiple plays in a reading session, and saves having to stop and open attachments each time. If the play is selected for production, having the attachment then makes it easier for the production team to download and disseminate the scripts.
· Individuals may submit as many one minute plays as they wish but please only one submission per email; email each play submission separately, following the guidelines above.
· Entries from schools must include the name of the school and a teacher's contact details in addition to the name of the author
· Deadline for Gi60 International One Minute Theatre Festival Houston is February 9, 2021
The produced, online-only event will be on Gi60's YouTube Channel beginning April 23, 2021.
Terms and conditions:
· There is no fee to apply, and never will be!
· Copyright remains with the author
· Plays will only be performed as part of Gi60 International One Minute Theatre Festival
· Plays lasting longer than 60 seconds may not be considered
· The organizers may use individual plays to promote Gi60 in the future
· Plays produced in Houston will be filmed and later uploaded to the Gi60 YouTube Channel. youtube.com/user/gi60channel
o Due to COVID-19 restrictions and to ensure the safety of everyone involved, filming will be done safely and in accordance with any and all related guidelines.
o In the event that “in-person” filming is unsafe, the plays may be presented as a filmed “radio show” format or completely on Zoom or WebEx.
· Final play selection will be announced on the Gi60 website (www.gi60.blogspot.com) and on the Gi60 Facebook Group page by mid-February. Please visit (and join!) those sites for selection results.
· The organizers reserve the right to cut scripts where necessary (for time)
· Gi60 is totally staffed by volunteer professionals and students who give their time free of charge
Gi60 is nothing without the imagination, skills and enthusiasm of our writers - and for this we thank you!!