Sunday 2 June 2013

Gi60 10-4-10 Featured writer: Rain

Gi60 10-4-10: As part of our 10 years of UK Gi60 celebrations we put out a search for up to ten UK based writers who have never had worked performed as part of Gi60 (Under the banner '10-4-10'). In the end we chose just seven writers for 10-4-10. Over the next few days as part of the lead up to Gi60 2013 we will be running short fetaures about each of the chosen writers on the blog and facebook sites before their work is performed at the Viaduct theatre on June 8th.


I'm known simply as "Rain" and I live in Leeds. The title of my play is "NEIGHBOURS". I began writing for stage with Hull Women's Theatre Group, and have had work showcased by Snowgoose Theatre and West Yorkshire Playhouse. I've just completed a full length play about peace, ORIGAMI CRANES, and I'm currently working on a couple of film projects, one related to the upcoming WW1 centenary celebrations